Bachelor of Pharmacy (B Pharmacy) admission in India is based on merit and entrance examinations. Many universities nationwide conduct entrance examinations to shortlist the right fit for the course, while others consider class 12 results to enrol students for B Pharmacy courses. Suppose you are seeking admission to B Pharmacy courses in 2023. In that case, this article will walk you through the standard entrance examinations and their last dates to get admission through the examination pathway.
Common B Pharmacy entrance examinations in India
The dates for the B Pharmacy entrance exams 2023 are given in the table below. Aspirants can also visit the official websites of the institutions conducting entrance examinations for B Pharmacy courses to check the latest update on the examination date.
|Examination name||Tentative date|
|NEET||May 7, 2023|
|UPESPAT||To be announced|
|WBJEE||April 30, 2023|
|GUJCET||3rd week of April 2023|
|BITSAT||To be announced|
|UPSEE||May 21-31, 2023|
|GPAT||To be announced|
|TS EAMCET||To be announced|
|KCET||3rd week of June 2023|
|OJEE||May 2, 4, and 7, 2023|
|KEAM||Last week of April 2023|
Eligibility criteria for B Pharmacy courses in India
Eligibility criteria for B Pharmacy courses vary from college to college in India. So, we will discuss the most common admission requirements for B Pharmacy courses in the nation’s top universities. Students who want to apply for the B Pharmacy course in India will have to fulfill the following criteria:
- A minimum of 50% marks in classes 10 and 12 from a recognised board is a must.
- Must have opted for Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics, and English as major subjects in class 12.
- Must be 17 or above before B Pharmacy admission.
Please note that if you are applying for admission through the examination pathway, you must take the B Pharmacy entrance exams. Many universities conduct entrance examinations, while others admit students based on cut-off marks or merit lists.
B Pharmacy admission process in India
CET is the most common examination to secure admission to B Pharmacy courses. If you have what all it takes to apply for B Pharmacy courses, follow the below-given steps to apply for the course:
- Shortlist the universities you want to attend.
- Go through their official websites to learn about their entry requirements and necessary documents.
- Check out the required academic qualifications for B Pharmacy admission.
- Learn about the examination and non-examination pathways.
- Submit your educational details and required documents.
- Submit fees for the course.
- Please submit the application form after previewing it.
B Pharmacy syllabus
B Pharmacy is a four-year undergraduate programme that covers human anatomy and physiology, pharmaceutical analysis, pharmaceutical inorganic chemistry, pharmaceutics, pharmacology, remedial biology, remedial mathematics, pathophysiology, biochemistry, and pharmacognosy.
Many reputable universities in India also provide a deep understanding of Artificial Intelligence (AI), Design Thinking, and Data Analytics during the four-year course. Explore top-ranked universities in India to apply for the course.